Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Simple Stories Cabin Fever Collection

It’s no exaggeration to say that ours is a camping family. My daughter was a Girl Scout, and my son a Boy Scout. We were very involved with the troop and at one point my husband was even Scoutmaster. It was a privilege to be a part of so many lives and watch these children grow into young adults.
I was so excited when I saw the Simple Stories Cabin Fever Collection! It’s everything I love about the outdoors. The papers are a wonderful mix of nature inspired elements like trees, animals and flowers.
The collection has all the survival tools you’ll need to get you through lots of layouts so you can capture all your favorite memories. I love the clever sentiments you’ll find in the #3047 Cabin Fever 4x6” Stickers and Combo Sticker.




For this scene I hand cut borders of pattern paper to create a landscape. It’s best to keep the lightest color in the foreground to add some depth to your scene.

I fussy cut some pine trees from a journaling card in the paper pack and tucked them behind the hilly landscape. A circle paper punch makes an simple sunny sky!
The fun tent and campfire are chipboard stickers, and the bitty flowers are from the combo sheet.
I’ve been sending a card in a care package to my son at summer camp for as long as I can remember. This was his last year as a Venture Scout – that means he’s 21 years old.
And while he’s no longer part of a troop that doesn’t stop him from going on adventures. A few weeks ago, he and two friends who are also Eagle Scouts took a road trip to Colorado to do some exploring.
Of course he’ll always be my little boy; always in my heart and on my mind. I packed them up some snacks for their trip and tucked a card inside his duffel bag so he doesn’t ever forget it! 
I cut the sentiment from a journaling card. The hiking prints are chipboard, and the fun compass is a decorative brad. Do you spy some plaid washi? 
If you’re a camper too I just know you’re going to love this fresh new collection from Simple Stories!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Simple Stories Cabin Fever Collection

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful collection of outdoor cards...looks like a fun camping trip!

BenteS said...

These "outdoor" cards are great!
Make me think of my younger years; always camping and hiking in the mountains :))

Robin said...

Love the collection!