Saturday, July 1, 2017

RCSFYTT#50 - Bloom with Happiness


It's the beginning of a new month! Happy July! Summer is in full swing and I'm counting down to the 4th! But before I get ahead of myself .. we should focus on today LOL!

The first of the month always brings lots of new card challenges! One that you won't want to miss out on is the Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try! They take all the guess work out of what to make with a blue print for how to lay out your design! I think sketches are a great way to learn to play with pattern paper. Get a pad out and mix a floral with a stripe, plaid or dot pattern to match the sketch. Next all you have to do is put a sentiment in white in the center and add a few embellishments! The hardest part is deciding what stamp set you want to work with!
Flowers are always my go to - they're perfect for just about any occasion and they always make me happy!  This time of year I'm picking flowers from the garden and bringing them inside - when they're gone I'll start buying them again at the store to brighten my day!
This flower die cut is in the Reverse Confetti Flowers for Mom set.  I double cut them in two shades and stacked them for more color. 
Remember my trick for breaking up pattern papers?  Always add some solid card stock to break them up!  On this card I added a solid white frame to the sentiment that's stamped on pattern paper to keep it from blending in to the background papers.  
An ALL FRAMED UP Frame in Navy or Grey would have worked well too. 
Now it's your turn! Want to see what the rest of the team made and get all the details on how to link up your own card? You can find them here on the Reverse Confetti blog! You can always find the challenge by clicking on the challenge button in the right margin of the blog.

And good news Reverse Confetti Friends! There's a new release this month! We're starting with peeks on July 5!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Hanging Blooms
Dies | Reverse Confetti Flowers for Mom, All Framed Up
Pattern Paper | Simple Stories Posh 6"



3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Jeanne!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this card Jeanne, so pretty!

Greta said...

Beautiful papers & love those flowers!