Thursday, June 29, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches - Grande Birthday Wishes!



How are you doing today? I'm having a good day! I did a little running around this morning and now I'm back home doing a little crafting while I wait for Mr. J to get home! I made a simple dinner of egg salad that we'll put on toasted croissants later. Yesterday I made shrimp and grits, so today I'm taking it easy! LOL!

I love a sketch challenge and found this one to play along with at Freshly Made Sketches! If you're joining in you better hurry! There's only 3 more days to play! The samples from the design team are wonderful!  

I love mixing papers and this one was lots of fun to work with.   I kept the background neutrals in grey so that your eye is drawn to the cute elephant from Reverse Confetti Coffee & You.
I left the elephant uncolored except for a bit of blush on his cheeks and some yellow on the star on the coffee cup.
Instead of a square in the center of the design I framed the cute elephant on a scalloped circle.

I tucked some colorful TAG TRIO die cuts under the circle.  I think the bright colors draw you're eye to the center of the design and add some fun!

Isn't this little guy sweet?   I hope you find a little quiet time for yourself today! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Coffee & You
Dies | Reverse Confetti Coffee & You, Circles 'n Scallops, Tall Tag Trio
Pattern Paper | Reverse Confetti True Love 6"

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I love the little cheeks on the butterfly and the fun way you used the tags to make a banner that flows through the card. Great design.

Lisa Elton said...

I love this Jeanne, it's so sweet! The colors are just perfect with this little ellie!

Karren said...

This is adorable, Jeanne! That elephant balancing the coffee cup on his trunk is so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.