Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Color Throwdown Guest Designer - ctd437 Roses

 Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!   I'm getting settled back into my craft space.  There's only a little more tweeking that needs to be done - a little molding around the floors and cabinets.

I did a little purging - a few bags headed to good will.  I hope they find a good new home for my things!

The thing I'm finding the hardest to get used to ... I know.. it's only been one day.. give it time... is the rolling chair on the laminate flooring.  I'm sliding all over the place, and almost fell out of my chair a few times!   I feel like a kid again!!  I used to have carpeting, and the speed bump (that's what I called the foam padding under the carpet that pooled up into one place under my wheels) kept me out of trouble.  I never thought I'd be missing that!! LOL!  Happy for nice smooth floors!   Yep!  


Today I'm a lucky gal.. not just the craft room, but because I'm the guest designer this month at Color Throwdown!  I'll be honest, color challenges are difficult for me, but Color Throwdown also has a little inspiration photo and I'm playing off of that.  

Can you believe I looked and looked but not one single tulip set in my stash?    I had this brand new Rose Bouquet stamp and die set from Stampendous waiting to get inked up!  It even had a vase like the flowers in the inspiration photo! 
The dies on this set are really tight up against the stamped lines - I was really tempted to ink the edges so the white card stock wouldn't show but decided to leave them "as is".  The background is white card stock that I inked up with distress ink.  I added Tumbled Glass to the upper portion and it peeks out around the flowers.  At the bottom I inked with Crushed Olive as a base for the flowers so they don't look like they're floating. 
I stamped all the images with Memento Ink and colored them with Copic Markers.  I used three shades of color for each flower.  A few Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh look like dew.  The simple "Hello" die cut sentiment is from Poppystamps.   

Need a little more inspiration? Check out projects from the Color Throwdown design team! Just click on their name to hop to their blog!


Color Throwdown Team

Now it's your turn! I sure hope you join me this month at Color Throwdown! I think you're going to love the challenges they have planned!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Stampendous Rose Bouquet
Dies | Stampendous Rose Bouquet | Poppystamps Scribble Hello
Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets 

5 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a gorgeous bright floral card , with a modern feel . Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog . Enjoy your new craftroom . jane x

Stacy said...

Your card is beautiful! You did a great job with the color challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Jeanne! I can just smell those lovely roses!!

Sharron said...

Wow, the colors are fabulous! Your bouquet is so gorgeous with wonderful coloring!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! So happy you joined us this month!