Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Color Throwdown #CTD438 Beautiful Blooms

Hello! I hope you're having a good day! I'm noticing more and more flowering trees when I'm out walking Miss Moriko every day! There's lots of April Showers here, but if you look around there's also lots of beauty to be found!

This month I'm the lucky guest designer at Color Throwdown! A new challenge begins today and gosh.. it's just so pretty.. how can you resist?

Lovely colors of coral, yellow and green... and with an inspiration photo like this.. yes!  flowers for me!!!

I don't think anyone has nicer flowers than Altenew.. but what set to choose! LOL!!  I decided on the Peony Bouquet.
I stamped and cut several flowers and then arranged them on a blank sheet of card stock until I was happy with the layout.  I was originally going to emboss the background - to get some texture - you know.. something that would look similar to the pattern on the pot in the inspiration photo. 


Instead I stamped some leaves and berries on the panel that would be the base of my design.  I tried to stamp them strategically so they would be peeking out from the arranged flowers.
The Hello sentiment is from the Altenew Floral Shadow stamp set..  I stamped it on a simple banner and adhered it over the flowers.
Ready to join me? Head on over to Color Thowdown where you can get all the details! Need a little more inspiration? Here's links to their amazing design team!


Color Throwdown Team

Just click on their names to jump to their blog! You'll be so glad you did!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Altenew Floral Shadow, Peony Bouquet
Dies | Altenew Peony Bouquet





5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!

Lisa H. said...

those flowers are gorgeous! I love this Jeanne. so glad you are joining us this month .

Sharron said...

Love the colors and your choice of blooms! Beautiful card!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is stunning!