Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hugs and Kisses from Angel and Dixie


Hi and thanks for stopping by ! Some days it's just hard to get motivated. I confess I find myself getting lost on the internet for hours at a time. The Pretty Little Studio Blog to the rescue! We have lots of great ideas for ways to use your crafty stash. Today's feature is "Pinterest Inspired". We show you a hand picked photo from Pinterest and then spin it into a project. Check out this gorgeous pic...
Lots of great ideas for this one right? It looks like a party going on! Maybe a shaker? A birthday card? I gravitated to the pretty pastel colors for my card today.
This one is a great way to use lots of scraps that you just can't part with. I created a background using papers from two collections - Hopscotch and You and Me. The papers from each collection are easy to mix and match.

Are you a card maker like me? Then you're going to love the latest addition to the store. The "Hugs and Kisses" sentiment is from a package of Die Cut Tags that you'll find in the Wonderland Collection. There are 25 die cut sentiments in the package in a variety of colors. Some are specifically winter related, but others are very general like "Happy Birthday", "For You", etc. that you can use on a variety of projects.
The kitties in the basket are a die cut called "Angel and Dixie". Kitties are always getting into things! LOL! They look like they made a little bed out of this basket of yarn. Of course they need a nice knitted blanket! I tucked them in with a Cambridge Doily. I'm always trying to stretch my supplies, so when I saw that the entire doily wouldn't show behind the large die cut I snipped the doily in half. I'll save the other half for another project. I use the smaller 4" size for cards.
To continue the theme of knitting / sewing, I slid a pin in behind the die cut. Since the die is adhered with adhesive foam tape it was easy to stick the end into the foam. A seam binding bow and a button with some twine threaded through are the finishing touch. I adhered the bow using my hot glue gun, and then topped it with the button. I left the string that is threaded through the buttons extra long for a more playful look - or maybe cat's whiskers? LOL!!
These little guys are adorable!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Pattern Paper | Hopscotch | You and Me
Die Cut Tags | Wonderland Collection
Die Cut | Angel & Dixie
Doily | Cambridge | 4"
Misc:  Ivory Button Twine Mary Arts, Pin, Button

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Jeanne you make me want to purchase every single image from PLS. This card is absoultly darling, the layers , colors and patterned paper couldn’t be any more perfect!

!neke said...

What you made is great! Love it !
All the stuff you used , awesome !!!!

Ineke XX

Lisa Elton said...

This is precious Jeanne! I like the sweet details you added!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awww, how adorable! And say what, you get lost on the internet for hours at a time, never happens to me (bwahaha!)

cm said...

Those kittens are darling; now I want a pair to come to live at my house! Fabulous images; truly *meow-velous* (sorry...had to)!
Hugs~c