Tuesday, December 1, 2015

CASology - PIE!!


Let the eating begin! Well it already did on Thanksgiving.. . there is no stopping it now!   Like most people living in the midwest, when the weather gets cold we get cooking!  Mostly baking in my house - it's a great way to warm up the house and welcome everyone home with the scent of something heavenly!   By January we can all make resolutions to get back to a healthy weight! A new challenge begins today at CASology! Serendipity Stamps is sponsoring this challenge so of course I'm playing along! Serendipity Stamps was my very first DT - and I am still ever so grateful to Mary for the opportunity!


 The cue word today is "PIE".  When I think of pie I think of apples!  Michigan is one of the biggest suppliers of apples in the USA and they are so very close to me here in Indiana that apples are in great abundance!  You would be amazed at all the different varieties to choose from! 
I really like this sentiment from Serendipity too - it reminds me to enjoy the pleasures of every season - to enjoy the moment I am in right now. 
For all you CAS purists - my apologies for the washi - I couldn't resist just a little more color (please?).  The gingham seemed perfect for my farm fresh apples!  I'm hoping you can play along at CASology this week - I'd love to see a friend win!  You don't need a pie stamp to play- I bet you have a pumpkin or cherry stamp in your stash somewhere!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps
Washi: Recollections
Dew Drops - PTI (yes Finally!! they were in stock)

15 comments:

Marybeth said...

Are you kidding that gingham washi tape seals the deal for this amazing card! Wow, I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty card Jeanne and I love the wee bit of gingham you added!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card, Jeanne, and I totally forgive you the washi tape! There is no anti-washi rule for CAS cards, I assure you. Love that quote as well. Thanks so much for playing along and for sponsoring us this week at CASology.

Mary Dew Lee said...

I love your card Jeanne! The gingham is the perfect touch! It ensures that your card is about food! It reminds me of the table cloth my mom always used when we ate on the screened porch in the summer.

Kim Heggins said...

What a wonderful card...just love those fabulous apples and that gingham washi is amazing!

Sharron said...

The gingham adds just the right amount of charm to your sweet card! Love the wonderful sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

How about them apples! Love this pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

cm said...

The apples, paired with the snippet of gingham...so pretty; so charming! I'm officially craving a slice of warm apple pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream...
Hugs~c

Maria Rodriguez said...

I love the beautiful sentiment on your card, love the apple image and the washi tape fits right in with it's Country charm.

Ardyth said...

I think the washi is perfectly fine for a CAS card - gingham fits well with the theme and the colour is perfect! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

I don't think the washi makes it un-CAS at all - it balances the red apples and also gingham and pie are made for each other! Love those dew drops too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, don't question your decision - that gingham is absolutely PERFECT!! I love apples, love that sentiment, and honestly LOVE this card!! Delicious in every way. So glad you shared this beauty with us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, this card is beautiful on so many counts! The apples...a darling image, perfectly stamped in a lovely red. The sentiment...bold and pretty and meaningful. The red gingham washi tape...I adore it and think it is a perfect touch! I can tell you love your Serendipity stamps, and I couldn't agree more! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Oh, yummo, Jeanne! I can smell the cinnamon and taste the warm oozing apple pie with melting vanilla ice cream! What a beautifully designed card! A winner in my book! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell