Wednesday, November 25, 2015

SSCB#49 Happy Holidays - We're Half Way!


Do you have a little "down time" between getting things ready for Thanksgiving?  I know I've been working hard all week.  There is nothing I like more at the end of a busy day than to sit down and have a little break and relax my mind.  For me that's crafting.   If that's you too, then maybe you can join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog for the latest Challenge. This month it's Happy Holidays - it doesn't have to be Christmas - it can be any holiday.  Our month's are a little different at Serendipity - this challenge actually ends on December 7.  We're at the half way point and there is still time to play.

I really love a CAS  "flat" card at Christmas time.  It makes it easy to stamp several and no worries on extra postage.   SO this one fits the bill.  The Ornament Pops stamps come in "Outline" - that you color yourself or as "Solid" like the ones I used today.
I stamped the ornaments with pigment ink so the color is bold and bright.  I adhered the stamped panel to a card base with some craft foam to add dimension.  I to adhere the foam to my stamped panel with sticky tape, and then to the card base with Ranger Multi Matt Medium - it gives me some wiggle room to position the panel - allowing it to slide it in place.  When I'm happy with it's location I just put an acrylic block over the top to keep it flat and in position while the adhesive dries. 
The finishing touch was a few gems in the ornament centers.

Want to go shopping? The 50% off Stamp of the month for November is Snowman Ice Skating.  Mary has a special this time too!   Free Shipping on all US orders of $20 or more!
Good Wednesday 11/25 through Sunday 11/29.

Need a little inspiration? We have a special guest this month! Hazel Hodgkins from Hazel's Paper Designs!  I hope you will stop by and say hi to her!


Here's links to the rest of the design team with samples for today!




Have a great day!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Solid Ornament Pops, The Merriest of Merrys to You!
Impress Fresh Ink
Gems 

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne, I love all the different colored ornaments!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne...just love those fabulous colors. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just beautiful Jeanne and I love the sentiment!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Jeanne! Love the bright happy ornaments & how your repeated them across the top.

cm said...

Beautiful ornaments, Jeanne, and you've showcased them in such a gorgeous fashion! The little bit of sparkle is such a charming special touch. Love the sentiment...
Hugs~c