Wednesday, August 13, 2014

CASology - Magic

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I've been so busy lately getting the kiddos ready for school. They'll both be in college this year, but there's still lots of details to take care of.  I was waiting up last night for my daughter to come home from a movie and had some time to make this card for CASology.   I think that's the best part of a CAS card - is how fast it can all come together when you have an idea.   The cue card word this week is "Magic".


I knew exactly what stamp I was going to use for this as soon as I heard the word "Magic".  To the chagrin of my neighbors I've always found dandelions magical.  Their flowers are such a bright and vivid yellow.  When I was young we ask someone if they like butter and then rub the flower on their nose.  The yellow pollen from the flower would stick to their nose if the answer was yes.   When the blooms would dry out we would make a wish and blow on the seeds - giving them flight and sending our wishes to far away places. 


I inked up my stamp with two colors of ink - and then added some super fine glitter.  I used a Sakura Quickie Glue pen to get the glitter to stick exactly where I wanted it. The pen gives lots of control so you can add fine details.
 I'm looking foward to seeeing your "Magic" creations at CASology!  Have a great day!!
 









Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25  x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Dandelion, Wish
Card Stock:  PTI White
Ink:  Memento Pistachio, Dandelion, Rich Cocoa
Glue:  Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Martha Stewart Super Fine Glitter

11 comments:

Kara said...

Perfect magic!

Toni said...

Love your take on the challenge!

Joyce said...

Jeanne, this is just fabulous. We did the same thing with dandelions when I was growing up. Your card is CAS perfection, love that stamp and the way you did the glitter. How hard was it for you to resist adding a bow? Good job with the restraint!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne what a gorgeous card and perfect for the cue! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Sharron said...

Wow, what a great way to interrupt the cue word! Love your CAS design and all those sparkles!

Marybeth said...

I can't remember if I already commented....
I love this magic card Jeanne! Brilliant to use these little flecks if shimmer.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Jeanne, SUCESSS, perfectly CAS!!!!
One Layer, Rule of Three, and WHOLE lot of magical goodness, WOW, LOVE it I always am smittedn with yellow anyways!!!! Love the swooshy sentiment too, cool!!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology, so THRILLED you did!!!

Judy1223 said...

Jeanne, this is pure loveliness! Sweet story (we did the same thing as kids), lovely sentiment, perfect colors, beautiful glitter accents. Just lovely! Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! I love that sentiment and the perfectly placed glitter! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Goodness, Jeanne, your card is really magnificent!! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

I love this. I have a Tshirt with a similar image. Congrats on getting ah HM for it at CASology.