Thursday, July 3, 2014

CASE Study #198 - Noteworthy

Are you starting the weekend early?  I'd love to hear about your plans for the weekend.  Summer is in full swing now isn't it?  It seems like it takes me a while to adjust to everyone's different schedules - the kids are on break from school so they're at home and at work different hours.  But I think I have it figured out now and am changing my own routine accordingly.   A new puppy threw a wrench in my schedule as well.  The late nights are disappearing and the early mornings are back. Speaking of Miss Moriko - she is putting on some weight and I think her ears will be standing up by this time next week.  

A new challenge begins today at CASE Study.  Our muse this month is  Shari Carroll,  The Creative Director and Product Manager for Simon Says Stamp.   And this week we're having fun with this trendy looking collage card.  SO what do you see?  The die cut background, the color scheme, the numbers?   What about that row of sequins on the right?   I loved the die cut background, but you know me... I have to have my bright colors.  Instead of stamping all my elements like I normally do I decided to take a cue from the inspiration and use printed embellishments from Basic Grey.  I bought these a few months ago and never used them because sometimes using pre-made elements seems like "cheating" to me.  They seemed to fit perfectly for this challenge and I was glad I could put them to use for a blog card.   
Are you ready to see more cards inspired by Shari's design? Just click on the CASE DT names here.

Oh yes - we have two guesties this monthAmy Tsuruta and Tenia Nelson!!


Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Tasnim Ahmed
Silke Ledlow
Jill Foster
Gayatri Murali
Anja Curvers
Anna Kossakovskaya
Julia Stainton
Michelle Williams
Annika Lerche

Thanks for stopping by! I hope I see you linked up at CASE Study Challenge.















Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies:  Poppystamps Big Bubble Background
Twinery Twine Mandarin
Embellishments Basic Grey
Card Stock PTI & SU!

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so sunny and cheerful. Love the layering of the elements.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME.....I LOVE this card!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a fantastic card Jeanne! I love each and everyone of your adorable little details. So fun.

Marybeth said...

Love the big bubble background and the way you inlayed different colors! Great layers and beautiful card.

Marybeth said...

I forgot to say enjoy that little fluff ball, aww I want the ears to stay down a bit.

Joyce said...

What a super fun collaged card.

~Tammy~ said...

So fun and cool!

Diane Jaquay said...

That background is so cool, great card!!