Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Card Concept #3 - Monchromatic Pink

Did you have a good weekend?  I spent lots of time straightening out my crafty space.   I figured out I couldn't go forward until I organized some of the things that have been accumulating and not getting put away.  I threw away all my little scraps of ribbons and twine - little bows I tied for projects that didn't look right and got swapped out for something else.   SO hard to part with them.  Me telling myself  "YES I really do need all those little bows that I've tied  and didn't look right - don't make me throw them away! - I might need them for a future project!!"    You get the picture.    Oh be strong!! 

I have the walls lined with adjustable shelves so I can change the width of the shelves as my needs grow.  I bought lots of storage containers for my Cricut cartridges, got rid of all those bulky boxes, and made room on the shelves for more stamp sets that I reach for more often.   My stamp collection is starting to look like a library - all the cases in rows like books.  I had a little time to play too.   

I made this one for The Card Concept Challenge #3 - Use Monochromatic Pink.    I picked up on  the pretty pink flowers  in the bottom corner of the photo - and yes - I even used some of my ribbon scraps.   I had about a foot of this stitched grosgrain left. 
 
If you're looking to play along with this one you better hurry - it ends on the 17th!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!









Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Avery Elle Petals & Stems
Dies:  Avery Elle Petals & STems, Paper Smooches Flag Tag
Doily:  Doodlebug
Ink:  Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Versafine Onyx Black
Sequins Neat & Tangled THANKS CATHY!
Pin:  The Ribbon Reel
Misc:  Button
5/8" Stitched Gingham Papertrey Ink
Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, White, SU! Pink Pirouette
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye "Happy Day" 6x6"

9 comments:

The Hardy Stamper said...

That's a pretty card! Well done on tidying your craft space. Mine desperately needs doing as I can't get in there any more! I never throw anything away either - just in case it comes in handy for something - no wonder my husband calls me a magpie!

Cathy Weber said...

I might need to send you a plane ticket so you can come over and help me organize my room...it really needs it! I also could use some help making such a beautiful card...love the pinks and the neat stick pin. The lace doily always makes a card more elegant and...I think I see some sequins! Really pretty Jeanne.

Sharron said...

So gorgeous! Love all the pink and the sweet touches you added with the doily and sequins!

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful card! Oh my gosh those pinks are stunning...first thing I did was check out who the stamp was by. Love this card!
I'll bet it feels so good to have your craft room cleaned out and I so get what you mean...save a ribbon you didn't like but might like later......good girl for throwing it out.

Joyce said...

This is so gorgeous. I did the same thing as Marybeth--wanted to see who made those flower stamps. Glad to see that you are spreading the wealth around and shopping all over the globe. Anyhow--you did a great job of mixing and matching all those pinks. And, good for you for organizing. I hate to spend the time on it myself, but am always so happy afterwards.

Unknown said...

I keep every little scrape of paper. You're right, you just never know when you might need it...haha. Your card is so pretty. I love these flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You would hate to see how much I throw out - my mum goes through my bin when she comes as she thinks I throw out too much! Your pink flowery card is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Geri said...

I admire your courage in 'cleaning' out those wee bits and pieces of this & that. I really need to get to that point as well. Your craft space sounds marvelous!

Speaking of marvelous....your card is exactly that! Beautiful shades of pink and a stunning creation based on the inspiration photo! The button and the hat pin totally stole my heart!

Thanks for choosing to share your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, I am with Cathy...and I will send you a plane ticket to my craft room once you are finished with Cathy's. What a beautiful card and those flowers are just beautiful. Then you add just the right amount of embellishments to your card, stick pin, sequins, doily, ribbon and buttons...oh my!