Thursday, January 23, 2014

CASE Study - Gold Embossed YUM!

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  It's been really cold and snowy here in the Chicago area.  We got another 6 inches yesterday, my daughter's college classes were cancelled, and my son was released early from school.  Even my husband was sent home from his job site because the temperature dropped and there is no heat on his construction site.   And guess what?  Looking out the window I see there is snow coming down again!    We've really had it hard this winter.

Are you enjoying our muse this month at Case Study?   It's the uber clean and simple Donna Mikasa from Three Umbrellas blog.  I have to tell you that she is totally taking me to school this month.  Check out what she has in store for us this week!  You know the deal...study the picture, grab what inspires you and run with it.  OMG!  What can I say?  When I saw this I knew that I wouldn't be changing a single thing.  I just had to try the technique and my CASE would be the best flattery I could give to Donna.  I loved the colorful distress over the gold embossing, peek a boo sentiment, and sprinkle of bling.  So that is Exactly what I did.
I had so much fun with this one that I even made a St. Patrick's Day card with a gold embossed plaid background and a sprinkle of shamrocks.
Here's the finished card:
Are you ready to give this a try or do you need a little more inspiration?  Well just click on the names below and see what the rest of the design team has put together for you today.  You're sure to see something that grabs you!

 Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

I can't wait to see what you make!  I'm looking forward to seeing you at CASE Study!










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Valentine:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns
Ink:  Ranger Distress Barn Door, Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender
Spellbinder Clasic Hearts, Classi Scalloped Hearts
Gold Embossing Powder ZING!

Ink:  Versamark
Card Stock:  White, PTI Pure Poppy
Gold Sequins

St. Patricks Day
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Cabin Plaid Background
Ink:  Ranger DIstressed Peeled Paint, SHabby SHutters, Crushed Olive
Die:  Memory Box Lucky Leaves
Gold Embossing Powder ZING!
Ink:  Versamark
Card Stock:  White SU! Gumball Green
Gold Sequins

12 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

It's crazy that you're only a few short hours away from me, but we are NOT getting that snow and just to be clear, I'm OKAY with that!! ;) I just can't believe how it keeps skipping us. The below zero temps have made it here however. Glad to hear the family is all bundled up together though. Our heater hasn't stopped running and I do not want to see that bill! Your cards of late have been gorgeous Jeanne. I've been stalking you via my phone and I've loved every single one of them. Thank you also for the AWESOME messages you left me..LOL. It was great hearing from you. Stay warm and think thoughts of Spring. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Wida said...

super edgy design Jeanne!! really love it especially the red and gold! ;)

Marybeth said...

OMG I love this gold embossing and can't wait to check it out to see how this was done, Love both cards Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Gold with the distress inks looks fabulous! Great choice of dies--love the hearts and the shamrocks with the plaid is perfect!

Maria said...

Wow! Love all the gold embossing! Both cards are CAS perfections...well done!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these cards are "simply" amazing! I love them, thanks for the great inspiration!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my goodness! Both these cards are absolutely fabulous! Love the gold houndstooth pattern and the green St Paddy's day card! Fab!

We've not had as much snow as you guys (thankfully) but the cold is really bad. Our first couple of winters in Michigan were very mild, this one, by contrast, going to be a record breaker!!! Roll on spring!

Cathy Weber said...

I love both versions of your card Jeanne...especially the gold embossed plaid...that is very elegant! Hmm...I know someone who might just be giving that a try pretty soon! Cute shamrock die cuts and the sprinkling of sequins.

Laura Davis said...

What fun this card is!
Laura

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful card.

~Tammy~ said...

Look how fab and trendy! You go girl! I love both cards!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...fabulous pair of cards! I love them both...and your patterned paper is amazing and looks like you so much fun playing with it!