Monday, August 19, 2013

Oh Baby!!

Hi friends!  I hope you are having a great day!  I started physical therapy last week for a torn rotator cuff so I will be running a little more!  I suppose the timing is good - if there ever is a good time to have anything wrong.  The kids are headed back to school so I won't be regretting that I'm not with them.  I also grabbed the earliest appointments of the day so I can get a jump start on my day!   I'm hoping to start walking my dog a bit more too - get a new start taking care of me and all that!

Today begins the new fortnight challenge at The Ribbon Reel Challenge.  More beautiful inspiration this time from Sarah.  This one is called "Oh Baby"!  You are asked to make a card for baby using the colors/patterns on the inspiration photo, include ribbon and twine.  Now this is some cool kid's room folks - check out the olive, navy and turquoise - chevrons, dots, and oh my... zebra print!!  Oh yes, thee is a big initial in there too... lots of ways you can go with this.  I love a photo with lots of inspiration.  I focused on the color scheme - those chevrons (in my paper), and dots (on my ribbon).  I have to say I really like the drama of the brights vs pastels for baby - it's so unexpected and interesting!   

Check out what the rest of the design team made for this challenge - just click on their names!


Thanks for stopping by - don't forget you have two weeks to play!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!






Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"

Ribbon Reel:  Heart Pin, 5/8" Grosgrain Navy/white Dot, Button Twine Ivory, 5/8" Navy BLue Ruffle Sheer May Arts
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Woodland Park" collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Night of Navy
Border Punch:  EK Success ZIg Zag Stitch
Ink:  Versafine Majestic Blue
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Nordic Baby
Dies:  Spellbinder Nested Lacey Pennants, Petite Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals

14 comments:

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic baby card Jeanne. Love the colours, the ribbon and that WM set!

Kara said...

love that ribbon and that fun chevron pattern!!so pretty!

Cathy Weber said...

Love that polka dot bow paired with the chevron paper...this is such a cute baby card, love that it isn't pink or baby blue! The added touch of the stick pin little flag is so cute!

Maria said...

Gorgeous color of blues! Love the chevrons and those darling baby shoes!

Darnell said...

Love your bright baby card, Jeanne! That inspiration photo is fab in all those nontraditional baby colors!! Good luck with the PT and the walking. xxoo Darnell

Unknown said...

Supersweet card Jeanne, love those tiny baby shoes and pretty colours!
Ira’s Crea Corner

~Tammy~ said...

I hope you heal up quickly. Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun at all!

Your card is just adorable! I mean you always have the perfect paper no matter the challenge! Love this baby set by WMS! :-)

Sharron said...

Best of luck with your shoulder--sounds pretty painful. Love your sweet card! I always like seeing something done in more non-traditional colors. The WM set is adorable--love those booties!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! What a perfect bow and I love those baby shoes :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous baby card...who would have thought???? Love that patterned paper and those sweet little botties, just about as cute as they come.

Marybeth said...

Love these colors for a baby card! Beautiful background ….. ! No more throwing the football! Hope this pain will finally end soon.

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is gorgeous!!!! Love this color combo and your take on it! So sweet! :)

Joyce said...

What a fun and cute card. You are so amazing that you can create cards in every style. I love the colors and chevrons, and those adorable baby shoes. I wish I had thought of this room when I had my babies--way more fun than what I chose.