Wednesday, June 12, 2013

CSC#145 - Call Me!

Hi everybody!  I hope your summer is off to a great start!  There are lots of festivals going on here - you know the sort held in your local park or at your church.  Rides that don't take up lots of space like the Ferris Wheel, Tilt a Whirl and Himalaya.  Fast food prepared in trailers - a corn roast from the Lyons club,  lots of  games for the kids, and of course the beer tent and bingo for the adults.  And well...  if you are lucky, maybe some fireworks or a place you can set out your blanket and listen to a band play.

Today I'm showing you a card I made for the CASE Study Challenge this week.  Our muse this month  is Lisa Spangler from Sideoats and Scribbles Blog and here is the inspiration photo.  Now I see lots of good things here - love the shapes, the little twine around the sentiment flag, the colors and circles. Lots of ways you can take this one - its pure clean and simple goodness and I was so tempted to take it in that direction but my crafty side just wasn't having it.   Lets see if you can find some of Lisa in here..... hexagon check, teal and red?  check, buttons and circles YES!  Oh and some twine too!
Lots of folks traveling for their summer holiday - maybe you are too?  Well here's wishing you a great adventure filled with lots of memories - oh and don't forget to call home once in a while!  Need a little more inspiration?  Hop on over to the rest of the CASE Study Design Team and see what they've been up to!!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Our guest designer this month is   Our guest designer this month is Lynn Mangan from The Mango Boys and Me Blog!  If you'd like to be a guest designer be sure to put a GD behind your name when you link up your project at CASE Study Challenge Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  6.25 x 4.5"
Stamps:  Cats Life Press
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon 9 to 5 Collection 8x8" Pad
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy
Border Punch: EK Success Zig Zag Stitch
Twine:  Ivory Button Twine May Arts, Airmail from Divine Twine
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Pinking Circles, Nested Lacey Pennants
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink:
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Button Brad Basic Grey Fact & Fiction Collection
Pin:  Tim Holtz
Gem:  Recollections

9 comments:

Joyce said...

This is just darling. I absolutely adore your travel themed card. So many cute details to love. I especially love the sentiment on that circle--just precious.

Peanut said...

So many brilliant details, Jeanne. Ooo and I love that stick pin thingy....and the papers. Flawless as always!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Marybeth said...

What a fun card,Jeanne! Your creativity took you in the right direction! Love the added buttons! Sounds like a fun summer town .

anya said...

I just love this! Such fantastic colors and the way you've placed your elements is perfect. I've always loved travel themed stamps! It feels like it has been forever since I've been able to join the CASE Study challenge - thanks for the inspiration to get my butt in gear!

Pauline said...

Fabulous card Jeanne, I love the twine, and the map paper, the travel theme is so popular too right now, great card.

~Tammy~ said...

I love everything about this card Jeanne! The theme is just awesome! Sure would love to be escaping on a great adventure about now.... I love love this!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! Jeanne, I LOVE every ounce of this! So many amazing details, and such a fantastic take on the CASE Study Challenge! WOW-wee!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a wonderful and fresh take on this week's sketch challenge. You really nailed it too. So many wonderful little details to make it so festive!

Christina said...

Sounds like an Indiana summer to me! :) Your card totally draws me in--I just love all of the small details and layers. Love the travel theme. Speaking of traveling, I'll be visiting family in mid-July, perhaps we could meet up for lunch or coffee sometime? I'll keep you posted on my travel plans. :)