Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board - Berries

I've been running around all day trying to get everything I need for my husband's big card game this Friday - gotta feed 8 hungry men so I'm stocking up.  On top of that there's lots of cleaning up to do as well.  Instead of watching TV last night I played around with my stamps and made this one  inspired by the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board.  This is a new blog challenge and a great way to put those WPlus9 Stamps to use.  I'm really enjoying seeing the different takes on the challenge and getting inspired.    I saw all this red, white, blue and green and just started thinking about the Fresh Picked berries.  My friend Sharron from On Papillon Wings blog always does amazing things with them and inspired me to make something beautiful with them.  The die cuts were easy to stamp and I love the fresh color.

I tried to pick up lots of elements from the inspiration photo like the cotton fabric on my ribbon, the twine, clothespin, and the strawberry that resembles a heart.  I made my own blue and white pattern paper with the white ink from WPlus9.  I've had lots of white ink pads in the past that have wound up in the garbage but this one is a keeper.  It's good and inky and has great coverage.  Little tip here - make sure you heat set or let this one dry really good before you start moving it around or it will blur.
Thanks for having a look - I hope you have a beautiful day.  Oh and on the way home guess what I saw today?  A ROBIN!!!!   That's the first sign of spring here in the Midwest for me - my mom and I always have a competition to find out who will see the first one.  I called her right away and told her I won and made sure to have a witness on hand who saw it as well!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6.25 x 4.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Embroidered Bouquet, Chantilly Trim, Fresh Picked
Card Stock WPlus9 Oatmeal (Thanks Jinny), Stampin Up Midnight Muse, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White
Ink:  WPlus9 White, Stampin Up Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  WPlus9 Scallop Border and Fresh Picked, Spellbinder Nested Pennants
Jumbo Clothes Pin, Button
Ribbon:  May Arts 7/8" Solid Ivory Check Red, 5/8" Organic Cotton Stripe Celery, Twisted Burlap Natural

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love your take on the mood photo, I think you captured it all. Such a pretty red lace border. Thanks for the tip. I agree Sharron does amazing things with her berry set, cant help but think of her when I see this set. You also made a beautiful card.
I am tired just thinking of having to clean and cook for 8 men.

Cathy Weber said...

How funny about having to have a witness...we are like that in Montana when we see a bear. I love your card...the colors and patterns remind me of a bright cheery bandana. Such a great take on the challenge photo and I love how you looped the tag with that fat twine!

Vickie Z said...

Love this bright colored card with all the different elements/diddies!! Ahhh.... A robin...how wonderful...u crack me up on the contest though!!

Vickie Z said...

PS I am with Marybeth except.....I am too tired to consider cooking and cleaning for 8 men!!

Joyce said...

You totally nailed that mood board. I love all the red, white and blue on your card. It looks festive and spring like to me. Great tip on that white ink--I definitely want to get some of that--I've never gotten as good a look as you have right there.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, Jeanne! LOVE all the layers, and just check out all the delicious stamping! Yum!

We saw a robin, for the first time, today, too! Spring has arrived!

Sharron said...

Oh, love that you used the berry set! It truly is one of my very favorites! Your stamping looks fantastic too--the embroidered white on the blue is so pretty! And you really captured the mood with wonderful colors, that gorgeous ribbon, and the twine & clothespin accents! Best of luck with all the card party prep--sounds like a lot of work!!

JJ Bolton said...

Wowsa! You are rockin that WPlus9 Mood board! That checked bow is just too perfect:) I hope you're having a great week!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card Jeanne! So much beautiful detail that just screams springtime to me.

Kara said...

Gorgeous interpretation of the mood board!

Suzanne said...

I saw this and I thought, why have I NOT seen this?! Amazing!!!!

I saw a robin this week, as well as 2 woodpeckers and a blue jay! I love birds, so I was so happy. :)