Sunday, February 17, 2013

RR#47 Let's Ruffle - Purple Princess
















Wow! Sometimes I get so caught up in the inspiration photos for challenges. It's easy to see how Pinterest has become so popular.  I mean seriously gorgeous pictures and unlimited inspiration!  Look at this yummy princess cake photo from the Ribbon Reel Challenge this week.  


This one was chosen by Lenet.  It's called "Lets Ruffle" and guess what?  Yep!  You're supposed to use the colors in the photo and ... ADD RUFFLES!!  Well of course you are!  Sometimes it is hard to find a ruffle that you in the store, but  there are so many clever ways to make your own ruffles.  I seem to always fall back on one of the easiest ways I know.  You need to have wired ribbon - I used a 2" wired organza in light lavender.  I cut a 12" length and grabbed the bottom wire from both ends and worked the fabric to the center ruffling the ribbon as I went.  Easy peasy right?  

I topped this with a satiny ruffled trim in a deeper shade of purple.  For the background - seems I can never find purple paper in a shade I like - so I made my own. I just cut a background die and stamped the inserts in alternating shades of lavender and then popped them back into their frame.   The crown got me thinking of a princess and this is the sweetest one I could think of - it's Emma from Paper Sweeties.  Isn't she cute?  The "I'm Having a Tea Party" set has a vase full of flowers. I just inked up the flowers and stamped them along the hem of the dress and colored it with Copics.
Need a little more ruffle inspiration - or just want to see what the DT did with this one?  Just click on their names below.

Got some ruffled ribbon already?   Maybe you have a way to make your own?  Well what are you waiting for?   Come join us at the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog for more ruffled goodness!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties PSE Emma, PS54 I'm Having A Tea Party, PS49 Dream A Little Dream,  Papertrey Ink:  Happy Harlequin
Dies:  Papertrey Ink Happy Harlequin
Copic Markers
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Stampin Up Perfect Plum
Ink:  Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Milled Lavender, Momento Sweet Plum, Tuxedo Black
2.5" Wired Organza, 1 1/2" Ruffled Purple Satin Organza

11 comments:

AltaGracia said...

Wow-ZA Wow-Za WOW!!! What Royal Beauty, and You again have Out-done
Yourself! You have gone OUT on a Royal Ruffle,(tee-hee). Your Card is even Reached the magnification for Disney to dispaly Your card on Their WebSite! You go Girl,& Go Purple!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, she's so cute! I love her little gold sparkly crown, and that neat ribbon/fabric stuff you used on the side, perfect for a princess card!

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jeanne! Anything with purple AND a ruffle is A+ in my book. :-D

Cathy Weber said...

I did not know this technique Jeanne...you taught me something new...again! I am going to try that today with some ribbon I have just to see if I can do it! Love your little princess and all those shades of purple look so nice with that ribbon. I guess I better give this challenge a go!

Tracey McNeely said...

You are always showing me something new Jeanne! This is such a sweet card and I so love purple!

Debbie said...

So, so clever to use the flowers from the vase stamp to decorate the princess gown!! Emma looks adorable here and your card is beautiful with those purple ruffles!!!

Sharron said...

She looks so regal and adorable too! The flowers on her dress and her sparkly crown are quite charming. And your purple ruffle is quite the WOW element--just gorgeous!!

Sharron said...

She looks so regal and adorable too! Love the flowers on her dress and her sparkly crown. And your purple ruffle has quite the WOW factor--love that gorgeous purple color!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful! And you say it is easy to do....looks pretty hard to me but the end result is so stunning.

Julia Aston said...

That is SOME ruffled ribbon Jeanne! How stunning with your sweet crowned princess!

Oscar said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, I love how you created your ruffled ribbon and love your background x