Sunday, February 3, 2013

RR#46 Spring Roses - Valentine Cart


Did you have a good weekend? Did your favorite team win the Superbowl? I am not much on football but I always check out the half time show.  You'll find me in the kitchen or sneaking off for some crafty time.  
In the past my hubby would invite his friends over to watch the game and play poker, but this year he passed. He's been working so hard lately that he needed time to catch up on his zzz's. Superbowl Sunday is always Scout Sunday too. It's always wonderful to see all the boys in uniform at mass.... after all a scout is reverent right?                                                                                                Time for another Ribbon Reel Challenge.  Check out this yummy inspiration photo chosen by Zuzana - isn't it gorgeous?  The challenge this week is called Spring Roses and you are to use Yellow and Pink and add Ribbon, a Flower and Lace or Twine.  I made a pink Valentine flower cart and topped it with pretty pink and yellow roses and seam binding.  I kept my background blue like the one in the photo.  I cut the little hearts from a stamp of swirly candy and popped a gem in the center.
Here's my finished card...
If you need a little more inspiration why not check out what the rest of the DT came up with for this one. Just click on their name to jump to their blog....




I hope you have a great week - stay warm and keep smiling!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 6.25 x 4.5"Stamps: Waltzingmouse Candy Wagon, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers
Dies: Spellbinder Classic Hearts, Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame
Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye Lucky In Love 6" x 6" pad
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Twine: Twinery Buttercup
Seam Binding: Forsythia Ribbon Reel
Tea Roses: Sweet Rosy Pink and Light Yellow - The Ribbon Reel
Gold Heart Pins Ribbon Reel
Gems
Ink: Momento Rosebud, Dandelion

12 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE this color palette! It's so full of springtime! And that cart and those candy hearts are sweet as can be! So pretty, Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is just so beautiful Jeanne!

Cathy Weber said...

Now this card is all "Jeanne"! The colors, the flowers, the big doily and of course the bow. This is a favorite color combo of mine...better get my stamps out this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my goodness! This is just so gorgeous with so many pretty details. I particularly like the little candy hearts!

Marybeth said...

Oh man! Jeanne ,this is so pretty. That background paper is perfect with all these pretty flowers, love the candy hearts.
I thought of you when I saw all the Boy Scouts at Mass yesterday.

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jeanne, I love the fab flowers, and the design is fab!

Vickie Z said...

Another gorgeous one!! I am hoping for spring and all the cards you have done lately are reinforcing that!! Gorgeous all of them!! Love the wagon and using those candies for hearts....just too clever!!

Lisa Minckler said...

You do realize that I have a whole folder on my desktop devoted just to you right? I LOOOOVE all your creations and this is yet another one. The swirly whirly hearts made mine flutter. LOL.
Awesome job my friend.
HUGS!!
P.s. I love the Superbowl for the food! :)

Christina said...

This is heavenly, Jeanne. It has a serious spring vibe going, and that delicate die cut oval is incredible!

Clare said...

Gorgeous! l'm loving the candy hearts! fab details!!

Sharron said...

I am slowly getting caught up on visiting blogs. This card is so very sweet! Love the wonderful spring colors and that cute cart. My favorite though is your heart candies! What a clever idea and so cute!!

Pat Jandacek said...

This is a gorgeous card, great layout, and I love the 'peppermint' hearts.