Tuesday, January 8, 2013

SSCB #3 - Have a Heart

Have you played the new Serendipity Stamps Challenge yet?  In the past the design team would feature projects with different themes twice a month.  Recently we've kicked it up a notch and made it so you can join us!  The challenge this time is to make a project featuring a heart - you don't have to use a heart stamp - you can use heart embellishments or  paper etc - but you must use a Serendipity Stamp or die somewhere on your project.  Challenges are twice a month so you have lots of time to play!  You can win a $20 discount off your next order too!

More great news from Serendipity - Anya Schrier from Life is What You Make It has rejoined the design team and is sure to inspire you!   Anya has a clean style and stamps the best backgrounds I've ever seen!   I hope you will welcome her back to the team!

Here's what I came up with for the challenge - a sweet Valentine.  I stamped my image in Momento and colored it up with copic markers.  I fussy cut the heart shaped wreath into a frame that I layered over strips of washi.

Hop on over to the other DT member blogs and see what they've come up with for this challenge.  I'm sure you'll see lots of pretty heart projects sure to inspire some Valentine's projects of your own. 

I'll be looking for you over at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  Oh, and the sale this week?  Buy any three items get your fourth item free - now through January 16!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Serendipity You are My Heart, Heart with Roses
Washi - MT
Embossing Folder:  Tickets by Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Pattern Paper:  Martha Stewart
Card Stock  Mellon Mambo Stampin Up
Ribbon:  1" Sheer Satin Band Light Fuchsia May Arts
Border Punch EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Copic Markers
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black
Gem

10 comments:

Pauline said...

So beautiful Jeanne, what a gorgeous heart image so beautifully coloured, and I love the stripy pink bow! Gorgeous!

Helen Berry said...

Well, I must get me some more Washi!! Love what you did here - really truly fabulous card. The embossed scallop edge panel across the top is genius, the pink bow is just perfect and the beautiful colouring on that sweet heart wreath - wow, fantastic xx x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and the addition of the washi tape in fantastic. Of course a beautiful bow.

Marybeth said...

Love this! The sentiment is so elegant looking. Love the way you used the washi tape, and your colored heart.Your embossed pink edge on top it so creative Jeanne. Love your card sure to inspire.

Lisa Minckler said...

Woahhh...love that topper you've designed here jeanne!! Dang, I'm sure there is more to the card, but I can't stop looking at that..LOL!
Awe inspiring as always. :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE the way you've rocked the Washi Tape! And that "ADMIT ONE" impression couldn't be any more perfect, you, genius, you! This is just beautiful!

Cathy Weber said...

So pretty Jeanne! What a romantic you are...this is a beautiful card...perfect to give your husband on Valentines...love the Admit One ticket embossing and the washi tape. That little heart jewel at the bottom really balances the card. Little touches mean so much!

Vickie Z said...

Heart looks wonderful over the washi tape!! Love the ticket border!! Hope you're doing well!

Christina said...

Jeanne, you rocked the washi! I'm still scared of it, but this is a fantastic look. I love how it's peeking out from the center of the wreath.

~Tammy~ said...

This is gorgeous! It really looks like it wants to pop out of my computer at me! Very life like! You are amazing!